Sunday, October 23, 2011

A New Patriotic Garland

I should have named this blog, See Jane Create S-L-O-W-L-Y!  I'm not getting my projects done very quickly with life interfering the way it does!  I didn't get this project done in time for the 4th of July but, not to worry, it would be ready for Patriot's Day!  NOT!!  It's now ready for Veteran's Day!  Hurray!


 I started with several red, white and blue fabrics.  I cut pennant shapes out of five or six of the fabrics (34 pennants to be exact!)  I cut the fabric with pinking shears to avoid hemming.  I'm a lazy seamstress!
 This is a looooong garland!  I can hang it between 2 trees in my front yard!
Ignore the dates on the picture!  I ALWAYS forget to reset my date feature when I replace the batteries!

On to the next project.  I'm painting and old bookshelf so that I have a special place to display my mother's teacup collection.  Wish me luck!  Hopefully it  won't take me six months to complete!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't find any other way to contact you so I thought I would leave you a comment - I am so glad you have decided to join me for the Cookbook Challenge! Any idea what book you are going to use? Drop me an email, and let me know :) Rebecca @ www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete